Saturday, October 6, 2007

Let's try this again

I was a blogger once. Turns out I am again.

Just tonight I deleted my old movie blog, which had literally hundreds of posts. It ate many hours of my life, partially because it was indirectly connected to my work. I've changed jobs and taken an extended break from blogging, from coming up with something to say, with having people complain about my grammer when I say it and from having this outlet. At the end of the day, I really dig this as an outlet.

So here I am. And here you are. Thanks.

By way of format, I'm thinking this blog will be much more of a general type of thing where I go on and on about movies, observational stuff, progressive political viewpoints, family, books and my struggling attempt to work with multimedia, all within the framework of living in the middle of the country (hence the blog title). I read a ton of blogs and listen to many many podcasts, so I'm looking forward to what this might become.

As for me, I'm sure it will become clear after subsequent posts that I'm a family guy, a movie guy, a general pop culture guy and a guy who was once a writer and who desperately wants to be one again. We'll see how it all works out.

Let's knock around.

3 comments:

atomicweightofcheese said...

I just got this inexplicable sad feeling when I saw you deleted your other blog :( I'll miss it. But I'm happy you're still going to blog so that's ok.

Asinine Army said...

Yeah, me too kind of. I spent an hour last night trying to get the format to cooperate and for some reason it just wasn't working. It was sort of time to start fresh - fresh name, fresh blog, blah blah.

You inspired me to try to do this every day. I think that will boost my writing skills which have atrophed a little bit, I'm afraid.

atomicweightofcheese said...

I inspired someone? Go me :) Good luck with it. Gets to be addictive.