Monday, June 9, 2008

Picture Monday: In My Way


We're far enough away from the event that I can get away with this.


My child had a "preschool graduation" a couple months ago. It was awfully cute, but I felt like Clark Griswold by the end of it.


First off, you have this - the teacher (a wonderfully lady and dedicated educator) who decided the line of vision between me and my child was exactly where she needed to be for 90 percent of the event. Instead of the kid's face, I get the pink eclipse.


Secondly, the kid got a bleedin' nose (eh) during the middle of the ceremony and we had to run up there with tissues and it got all over her dress. It was a gusher. She left looking like the "last girl" in a horror movie but seemed really happy, bloody diploma and all.


Again, I love my child's teachers and am proud of my child's accomplishments, but it was one of those nights where afterwards you have a glass of wine and rub your head.

1 comment:

atomicweightofcheese said...

I can totally empathize ('ise'? Living in Britain screwed me up for spelling)

Anyway, for three years now I have faithfully gone to every one of Shannon's orchestra concerts - with the orchestra of 800 violins, 300 violas, 4 double basses and one clarinet (that would be Shannon) where she is relegated to the back behind hundreds of bows and bobbing heads.

The only time I've actually been able to see her play was when Kingsley took a pic of her up close during a rehearsal.

Can't say though that the instructor ever wore that much pink though.