Friday, November 30, 2007

Man, I am really into non-profits

I had an odd moment today I thought I'd share quickly.

I was at work when a co-worker came up to me and asked if he could have a cookie. I gave him my WFT look and he said I had plates and plates of cookies in the passenger seat of my car.

Indeed. Right now I have two plates of cookies, 24 cookies on each plate, on the passenger seat in my car. Last night I went to pick up Jordan, my Little Brother through Big Brothers/Big Sisters, and we made cookies for Habitat for Humanities cookie walk in a couple weeks. I plan to drop off the cookies to Habitat after I give blood this noon hour at the Red Cross, after which, I will return to my job at a publicly funded museum.

God Damn I like non-profit agencies. I'm a non-profit geek, a NGO bitch, a fiend for 501 (c)3s. I enjoy the gooey embrace of those trying to actually doing good on this earth, and while I don't have the guts to do good myself, I'll give a big, sloppy kiss to those who do.

Weird, huh?

No comments: