Sunday, November 11, 2007

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Solo


Last night, right before bed, the wife and I were casually watching the Kansas Jayhawks beat the Oklahoma State cowboys, paying as little attention as possible. That was, until we saw a sign held by a fan that I wished I remembered ver batim. Basically an Okie State supporter was holding a sign that suggested "our coach is thinking shut out, their coach is thinking Arbys."

That's pretty funny. Mark Mangino, Kansas' head coach, is upwards of 350 if I had to guess. Usually, I don't make fun of folks with weight issues - hell, I'm one of them - but a guy in athletics pushing Fat Bastard territory, that's funny. Also, he beat the hell out of my team, so yo' momma's fair game.

As we've been punchy all week due to lack of sleep, the wife and I both started making Jabba the Hut jokes simultaneously. Stuff like:

-"First and Tenuna, Solo"
-"I wonder if his offensive coordinator has huge ears, a beak and jumps when shocked by droids"
-"I bet Brent Musburger dresses up in a gold plated bikini after the game."
-"That's not a football, that's a Thermal Detonator!"
And, for good measure
-"And I thought they smelled bad on the outside!"

I know it's from Empire. Sue me.

Anyway, that's what last night looked like. I haven't laughed that hard in a while.

No comments: