Monday, March 31, 2008

Picture Monday - A Viking and an Emporer


I don't write enough about how cool the Grand Island Film Festival (http://www.gifilmfest.org/) is. I'm the president of the darn thing, and it's been an education in a number of things, from paperwork to working with movie studios to trouble shooting. On this particular day, it was how to tie decorative grapes to a toga without having it fall off.

We screened "Animal House," and to be honest with you, lost money on the deal. I don't care (OK, I care a little, but I'm not stressing too bad). It was an absolute blast, and yielded one of the finest quotes I've heard in quite some time.

Mid-way through the film, Chad (the dude in the viking hat) mused that "I try to be Bluto, but in the end, I know I'm flounder." Me too, brother. Me too.

We're showing Gone With The Wind on April 15.

3 comments:

atomicweightofcheese said...

Ohhhh GWtW! I can't count how many times I've seen it, but only ever on the small screen. *dreamy sigh* I'm so there.

Asinine Army said...

I saw it on the Big Screen once and liked it a lot. I guess GWTW isn't my favorite "old" movie because the character of Scarlet O'Hara pisses me off more than anything.

Still, it will be a great time.

atomicweightofcheese said...

Yeah she pisses me off too. Always did. I first saw GWtW when I was in junior high (it was one of the first movies my dad bought for our spanky new Beta machine :) ) and I just fell in love with the whole epicness of it. The historical aspect, the costumes.. I dunno, I've just always loved it.